Digitisation of Product Information Task Force
Roots of the Project:
In January 2020, the WFSGI Legal Committee members exchanged on the challenges they were experiencing with labels and decided to create a WFSGI task force on the digitisation of product information topic where they could:
• Share information/best practices
• Push/lobby at international level for the digitization of product information
Identified Common Challenges:
Labels are too long and de facto costly for businesses
– e.g. obligation of translation in official languages and sometimes, no possibility to use pictograms
Unpredictable & fluctuating regulations
– Lack of harmonized regulations worldwide
Labels irritate customers
– They usually do not understand the information which is on the product and very frequently cut the labels out due to their size or scratchiness
Ambiguity related to the definition of durable medium & lack of harmonization
Increasing of technical barriers
Digitisation as a Solution:
Digitisation could be defined as the process of converting information from a physical format into a digital one
• E.g. QR codes
• E.g. NFC technology
• E.g. terminal in stores where the customer can choose between printing or receiving an email directly.
Members who are Already In!
In connection with initiative, you may also be interested in reading the following article published in the WFSGI Magazine 2020:
DIGITISATION OF PRODUCT INFORMATION – The solution to break down protectionism’s barriers.
Juliette Barenne,Legal advisor, Decathlon group, Chairman of the non food committee at Eurocommerce; Romain Codron,Legal advisor, Decathlon group, Member of the WFS
For more information on this project please contact:
Ms. Charlotte Giudicelli,
WFSGI Head of Legal
You may also be interested in:
November 10, 2020
RESPONSIBLE SPORT INITIATIVE
A platform that helps sporting goods companies to efficiently implement unified corporate ...
December 15, 2020
A committee focused on the issues that affect saddle design regulations across cycling dis...
December 15, 2020
This group is concerned primarily with the regulations governing...